Saturday, July 16, 2011

Lima, Peru Part I

I am a terrible packer, I know that you're all aware.  I always miss my closet when I am living out of a suitcase.  I did my best.  Please enjoy some pictures from our recent trip to Lima, Peru.

Lots of colorful shots at every corner.  I really like this one.  Good timing.




We're undercover.
We had an amazing experience at our hotel in Lima. We stayed at the Atton Hotel in San Isidro. The staff was so incredibly attentive and genuine.  They were so sweet!
Special thanks to Jose Antonio & Alvaro for making our stay really great!
Cloudy days in Lima for our entire stay. Boo!!



Catedral de San Francisco - We visited the Catacombs here. A very cool experience. 






I snuck this shot really quickly!  That's a human skull hanging off the side to the left, and human bones and skulls resting at the bottom of the tunnel!



The best ceviche, ever!
My better half was extremely adventurous food wise on this trip.  We both had a 'When in Rome' mentality.
It cost us dearly...but we both tried Guinea Pig...a Peruvian custom/delicacy.
NEVER AGAIN! :(


We had to try the specialty drink of Peru - the Pisco Sour!
This hotel was gorgeous.  We sat at the bar and enjoyed our first (but not our last) Pisco of our trip.
Sitting at this bar made me happy; we had a nice view of an upper class downtown area and it was reminiscent of a cafe in Europe.


His Pisco.
My Pisco.
They're so strong!
Slumming it on the way down to breakfast in Juicy.
Lima breakfast.
No coffee for us on this trip.
No breakfast for me, either. Only the iPad.

Cathedral shots - I am wearing:
Banana Republic Mini Check Button Back Shirt
Seven Skinny Jeans Kate style
Gap Bow City Flats



6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 16, 2011

    Lovely pictures !
    http://mesconfessionsparisiennes.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta el blog y las fotos preciosas te sigo ya pasate por mi blog un beso guapa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos and great blog dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW,great shots!Thanks for sharing!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your lima pics!! i can't believe you had guinea pig omg hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely pictures. guinea pig?? you're much braver than I am, haha.

    http://www.stylish3.com/marylane

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...