Thursday, December 31, 2015

Casual New Year's Eve Outfit

If you have been following my blog for a little bit, you know that I build my outfits around one item. I select one item that I want to wear, be it a necklace or a pair of shoes, and then everything else around piece. (Similar to how an artist adds to a blank canvas? Ha!!).

For this outfit, the standout piece is the faux leather fringe skirt by Trouve (Nordstrom) that was recommended to me by my fashion bestie, +Kelly Saks . It's the twin sister of the Alice & Olivia version. It's the perfect piece because it's comfortable to wear, but also packs a fashion punch. Best part? It's under $100.



Not every New Year's occasion calls for an all-out ball gown (although, in my heart, I sort of wish it would). For this casual NYE outfit, I pulled pieces that were comfortable to wear and still had fashion flair. The skirt paired perfectly with my cropped top turtle neck, also from Nordstrom.

Adding a statement necklace to a top with a high neck is a great way to add to the top. Mine was an old J.Crew find, back when shopping there was worth it!

I shot this look in Costa Rica, on a residential sidewalk that had perfect lighting, and cobblestones. Thank you +Victoria Suarez!  I hope you love it. In case you're wondering, my brown hair balayage was not intentional - my hair is still growing out from the hair disaster of 2014 (thanks, Toni & Guy). 

Please have a happy and safe New Year.
Thank you so much for reading and for supporting TFE. 
Lots of love in 2016. 





 
 


Shop my look:

Skirt by Trouve (fabric version here)
Top by 
Shoes by Rachel Roy
Denim Jacket by Jbrand (similar)
Bag by Liz Claiborne c/o JCPenney
Necklace by JCrew
Jewelry by Cartier & David Yurman
Lips: NYX Lip pencil in 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that skirt. Saw it at INTERMIX too but was like whutttttt when I saw the price. Happy to see there's a wallet friendly version like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...