Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fashion For A Cause Miami, Wynwood Squat October 13, 2012

If you follow my blog you know that a couple of weeks ago I had lots of fun being photographed for a campaign to help raise funds for the fight against breast cancer (see full post here).

Myself and 26 other local bloggers helped participate in this great cause.  This Saturday, our photographs were displayed at Wynwood Squat, a space that houses local vendors, designers, artisans and a space that is also home to our little photographic exhibit. 

Below are some pictures my boyfriend snapped the day of the photo shoot and some snapshots of the event last night.


I don't have many pictures from the event because my makeup melted off. Literally. It was about 10,000 degrees in there, but it was pretty cool to see all of the photos and meet some really sweet girls whose blog's I personally follow (Kara & Kirsten).  I also got to hang with my new blogger friend, Dee who writes The Haute Frugalista.  These girls are all easy to talk to, so sweet and unpretentious! Check out their blogs.

All the girls!

Since I lack any and all DIY talents, I basically rolled up the sleeves on the t-shirt, and paired it with a statement necklace and a full skirt.  I'm really loving full skirts lately!  


Shop the post below.



FULL SKIRTS:






STATEMENT NECKLACES:

19 comments:

  1. What an awesome event, it looks like a lot of fun! Love the full skirt also, I am happy to see them making a comeback :)

    xo Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool looking event!

    new follower from the GFC COLLECTIVE :)
    come share the love? :)
    http://theeclecticgrabbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun night and more importantly a wonderful cause!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    - Marissa

    www.shabbychicandcheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you made that tee look fabulous, and what a gorgeous group!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chanced upon your blog and enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! Always happy to have new readers!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fun time and I am so glad you had the chance to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great event! I'm loving your blog and can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad we finally got to meet! Thanks for the sweet sweet words, I think you're amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for linking up with The GFC Collective! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great event! It looks like you had a lot of fun! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! This is such a great cause!

    And thank you so much for your sweet comment! Hope you are doing well love!

    xo
    annette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun event.. love the statement necklaces you picked out!

    steph / absolutely-fuzzy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. how exciting, I love a good cause!
    Xo Megan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love full skirts too ;)
    They always make me feel girly and paired with heels, they can be super sexy and paired with flats, they can be super cute ;)
    We didn't get much of a chance to chat during the event but I hope we see each other around again soon!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was sad I couldn't make it to the event wanted to go so bad my mom is a survivor and I love a fashionable cause. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love reading yours. I got to catch up on what happened at Wynwood Squat! www.cincity26.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG you all look magnificent....esp that you're all working towards a very worthy cause!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...