Thursday, April 5, 2012

OOTD: How To Wear Mint Green Pants

 
Gripe: I had a fantastic and well written post saved for this entry.  I logged into Blogger from my Ipad, and the post was gone; deleted.  The only thing left of the post was the title.  This is the second time this happened to me!  The first time I thought I had accidentally done something wrong and deleted the content myself.  I now realize that Blogger + Ipad are an angry match.   Has this happened to anyone else? What apps do you recommend for on-the-go blogging?

I purchased these mint green skinnies from Forever21, as detailed in this previous post but they're way too big.  I figured, since I was buying from F21, I had to size up at least one size?  Wrong.  These fit me as if they were two sizes bigger than the way I'd normally like my jeans to fit.  Because the return policy at F21 is terrible, and because they seem to sell out of everything in 2.3 seconds, I kept them.

How To: I like to pick one piece of clothing, whether it's a T-shirt or jeans and build an outfit around that.  I know that some of you start with your shoes!
For this outfit, I chose the mint pants and built around them with:


2. A neutral khaki wrap.  (similar here) I've found that it pairs really well with white and I like how it looks with mint green.  

3. An orange necklace on the top to balance color on the top and bottom, and also to have something that would pop against the white. 

4. The shoes are my current favorites. They're really comfortable (even though they don't look it) and they're rose gold (even though they don't look it)

Too big :( 











What I'm wearing: 

White tee: Gap white Tee 30% off using President's Day code GAPBRIGHT, (also here) or you can get a 6 pack of Men's tees from Hanes in size Small at Target for $22.99

Khaki Wrap: Calvin Klein via TJMaxx - try a similar one.

Where to buy mint colored skinnies: Pants: Forever21 (soldout). Gap has mint colored skinnies with 30 % off using code GAPBRIGHT for President's Day.  Try   This pair by Paige, or this pair from ModCloth, or this pair from ASOS.

Necklace: Old Navy (old)similar here.

Earrings: BaubleBar Tournasol Earrings $26.  If you don't know what BaubleBar is yet, please click here.
You will be HAPPY that you clicked.

Shoes: Enzo Angiolini Karezza studded sandals $69. Buy through Macy's here. Buy them. They're fashionable and cute and comfy. EDIT: NOW AVAILABLE IN AN UPDATED STYLE HERE.

Aviators: Marc by Marc Jacobs (past season). Try this gold framed pair by Ray-ban $139.

Polish: Essie's Exotic Liras
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...