Sunday, March 11, 2012

OOTD+Ann Taylor Animal Print Dress + BCBG Blazer+Office Outfit

Some days, for work, we wear full suits, but  there are days where we can play with office appropriate separates and make outfits a little more fun. I used a gold skinny belt and a bold statement necklace to add some color and accent my dress/blazer combo. I posted about this Ann Taylor animal print dress recently.  I had pondered keeping this dress since it was a similar print to another Banana Republic dress I had recently gotten.  Of course, I kept both dresses and the consensus was that one could never have too much cheetah!

FASHIONABLE ESQ TIP:
The belt I'm wearing in these pictures is not my regular size, but I bought it anyway because my size wasn't available.  Don't be afraid to buy your belts a little larger because as you can see, you can still work around the sizing!  I was able to tie it around my waist and make a cute knot. 

Rolling up the sleeves on a blazer is something that I like to do to update the look of a basic black blazer.  There are days when this is appropriate and days where this is not, but on a casual Friday, this could work for your office, too.








Belt detail


I'm wearing: 
Dress: Ann Taylor Animal Print Side Ruche Dress Use code '48hours' for 30% off your purchase.
Belt: Banana Republic, similar here & here.
Blazer: BCBG (old).  Boyfriend style here, cute one here under $35 from Kohl's.
Necklace: Nine West (old). Statement necklaces here, here, and here.
Shoes: Talbots (last year). Similar here and here.

I feel like we are a lot closer now that you've seen my ugly hamper.
:D

31 comments:

Teresa Parson said...

LOVE this outfit, that dress was made for you!

xo Teresa
www.delightfullydarling.com

Vivi K said...

Love your dress and that super cute belt! Great look!

http://vivikstyle.blogspot.com/

Melificent said...

Wear that dress every day - you look GORGEOUS in it!

The Key To Chic said...

Almost did not notice the hamper :) I also like to roll up the sleeves on my blazers. You look stunning in that dress!

Kat said...

beautiful dress! you look absolutely stunning :D

katslovefashion.blogspot.com

littlemissandrea said...

Cute outfit! I really like the print of the dress on you :)

briannelee said...

Pretty! That dress looks great on you!

Fashion By Alicia said...

Love the print of that dress!! You look gorgeous.

LyddieGal said...

I love the print on the dress! whenever I buy belts too big for me, I just punch more holes in them, but i like your clever knotting.
Chic on the Cheap

Regina said...

Love your dress!

Thanks so much for commenting :)

Tiana said...

oh geez! you're adorable :)
thanks for stopping by and leaving all the sweet sweet comments! you're simply a doll.
to answer your question -- i shoot with a canon rebel xs with a 50 mm f/2.8 macro lens :)

and as far as your post goes - you look flawless!
xoxo,
tiana of l'esthetique

Ioana-Carmen said...

Lovely darling! you are so beautiful :X

http://www.fashionspot.ro/

Steph C. said...

its great rolling up the sleeves! i swear i never wear a blazer without doing it!
Fabulous blog and post sweetie :) thank you for leaving the sweetest little comment!

xx
-S

<a href="http://www.gingerandlace.blogspot.com>Ginger and Lace</a>

Maria said...

You look gorgeous!! Lovely outfit!

I really like your style and your blog!

Maybe you want to follow each other? I'll follow you back for sure :)

Have a sparkling day!

x♥x♥

"Dicas de saúde, beleza, e exercício físico em casa"



Kim (A Very Sweet Blog) said...

that's a great dress and you worked that belt! you look beautiful :D
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

BlondeMuse said...

That dress looks really good on you. xo

Bravoe Runway said...

I totally agree! I buy belts that aren't in my size all the time purposely so that I can knot it or create unique styles. The dress is pretty too!

M said...

you look gorgeous!
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

Franzi said...

your comments made me smile so much, thanks a lot! you've got a new reader, too :)
and you're right, h&m recently has lots of gorgeous jewellery!
XX from france
franzi

itsnotjustabag.blogspot.com

Suzie Q said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Love this work outfit with the dress paired with the belt and blazer!

xoxo,
Suzie Q
Style Cue by Suzie Q

Lyndzie said...

that's a great office look, something I could definetly get away with in my office!

fashionable footprints

Clara Turbay said...

cool blog well done.

anikaguldstrand.com said...

This looks completely fab on you! I really love the gold belt with it - well done. :)

Girl Lilikoi said...

You look stunning! I love how you make animal print looking classy and sophisticated. Gorgeous. Just found your blog. I really enjoy your blog and style, want to follow each other via GFC & bloglovin?

xoxo from Singapore

www.girllilikoi.com

Bekuh said...

You look great! I need more office appropriate clothes ideas, I'm not excellent at mixing and matching office attire. This look is perfect.

ftashion said...

This is such a great outfit for work in day and party at night! Love it!

Fang Ting
ftashion

MIRTE said...

Cute dress!

www.fashion-mind.com

BmoreLoveLeigh said...

So glad I found your blog! Love seeing how you can stay stylish in a professional office, but still be conservative. You look fabulous!

Sara said...

I found you through comment on preponderance of fashion blog and I don't have accounts I use to follow but it's nice to find your blog. I like idea of strong career women in fashionable clothes. But your layout doesn't show pictures right in iPhone. I don't know if it's a glitch. P

Marie Martell said...

Wow! Gorgeous dress! Great blog, thanks for stopping by mine!

maybe we can follow each other :)
http://nyorkeratheart.blogspot.com

Adaora Soludo said...

lovely dress! I love your blog x

fashionxfades.blogspot.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...