Saturday, August 6, 2016

Bobbi Brown Retouching Collection

Bobbi Brown will soon be launching a new set of concealers, and contours which are part of the Retouching Collection (look out for them in the next week, some already available online).The new Retouching Wand and Retouching Face Pencil. Check out swatches and their review below.  



Bobbi Brown Retouching Wand $46:

The Retouching Wand is a concealer that can be used to highlight, conceal under eye circles, mask redness and hide dark spots. It's got a very creamy consistency and blends out easily with a Beauty Blender or by patting with your fingers.  The product comes in a click-wand with a soft puff at the end of the applicator. Sometimes these types of products dispense too much, but this one is just right. 

I found the shade range to be a bit disappointing. There are only 9 shades and I fell in between shades. I also found that the shades were more yellow based than I would have liked. I was also a bit confused because as you can tell from the below swatch, the shade Light is actually lighter in color than the shade Extra Light. Extra Light was super yellow. 

The good stuff: I gave a few of these a try and decided to stick with the shade Light. I use it to highlight under my eyes and conceal redness around my nose. This is somewhat long wearing. I put it on for work and it wears well for about 5 hours, without budging or cracking. If my face was not "tan" right now, I would probably use the shade Porcelain.  The deeper shades, Rich and Deep, can be used as a cream contour on more fair skin tones.

Bobbi Brown Retouching Wand swatches

Bobbi Brown Retouching Face Pencil $32:
These are wooden pencil concealers. Select one shade lighter than your skin tone in order to conceal and cover brown spots or discoloration.  In the swatch below, you can see that they cover well.  The deeper colors like Deep and Rich work well as cream contour sticks. These blend best with a traditional concealer brush - something small and flat. 
These are slightly less creamy than the Retouching Wand. That is to be expected, because they're wood pencils, but the quality is still good. They wear a while once set with a little bit of powder. I would not use these to conceal under the eyes - for that they're a bit too drying. These are better for spot and color correction. 


Also, Bobbi Brown celebrates 25 years in the industry this year! She will be launching special collections to commemorate the brand and her career. I'll be bringing you a sneak peak of some exciting new products in the next coming weeks.  One of them is the new Nudes Palette, a collection of 40 shadow shades, will retail for $200. It comes in a sleek, silver metal case, and contains best selling nude eye shadow shades. 
To keep up with more of my beauty posts, please subscribe to my Miami Beauty Bloggers page on Google +:


Disclosure: the products featured in this post were provided to me by PR. The review is honest. If you would like to read more about my disclosure policy, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...