Saturday, February 28, 2015

Outfit: How to Style a Tulle Skirt + Tutu

SoBlo Salon, in Coral Gables gave me a super sleek, straight look that I wanted to share with you all.  I really like wearing my hair like this, but, I am supremely lazy when it comes to blowdrying and styling my hair.  Luckily, the girls at SoBlo always take care of me.  For this set of pictures, I styled a white tulle skirt  (here, also here) I styled it two ways: one with a drop waist silhouette and the other, with a little bit of a higher cropped top.  I think that a drop waist creates a flattering look and that it is underused.  If done properly, it can flatter and hide the number one problem area one women (the lower half, thighs) and create the illusion of a slim waist. Added some color with a hot pink Furla Metropolis Mini Cross Body Bag.
how to style tulle skirt





Pictured: The adorable Furla Metropolis Mini Cross Body Bag
soiree lucite sandals jeffrey campbell

miami fashion blogger

how to style a tulle skirt

furla crossbody metropolis bag
Furla Metropolis Mini Cross Body

how to style tulle

tulle skirt miami fashion blogger

tulle skirt styling

SoBlo coral gables salon
G & I, our hair c/o SoBlo
The key to being able to create a drop waist style is having something sleek and form fitting for a top, preferably in a thick ponte knit material, and then adding a voluminous bottom.  And if you're me, what better way to do that than to add a puffy tulle tutu with multiple layers :)
I also think that these really feminine pieces can be paired with basics, and edgier pieces (like my Soiree sandals) to give them a more unique feel.  For example, I like the idea of pairing this tulle skirt with a basic gray sweatshirt or a denim jacket.  Get some ideas from these Pinterest pictures!
how to style tutu

I love playing around with DIY fashion.  I don't know if you're into tulle skirts, but I hope that if you're thinking of going the route, that this post gave you some tips on how to do it without looking like you're a ballerina (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Hair By SoBlo Coral Gables - Amanda
All photos by Cindy Jimenez

Wearing:
Black ponte knit top via Nordstrom & here under $30.
Tulle Skirt: Ann Taylor Loft Tutu (soldout) here.  Windsor has one for under $35 in 10 colors and Lauren Conrad also has several designs for Kohl's and the $12 price point on this one from Nordstrom Rack is unbeatable.
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell Soiree Sandals (soldout)
Purse: Furla Metropolis Mini Cross Body
Necklace: J.Crew (soldout)


1 comment:

  1. I wear my hair straight all the time, but it rarely looks that shiny and fabulous!
    Love the tulle skirt - sometimes you just need to have a little fun.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...