Sunday, June 9, 2013

OOTD: An Easy, Casual Weekend Outfit

Sometimes I want to wear sweatpants all day.  Yes!  I promise.   But because that's not quite realistic on my vain little planet,  I have found the perfect weekend dupe for lazy days: leggings and flowy blouse combo.  This is a tried and tested look that is casual but still a little bit chic.  Flats complete the look.  I topped it of with a fedora but you can easily sub out this style hat for a more on-trend panama hat or accessorize with a messy braid.
Wore this to brunch at the Biltmore Hotel with my family, where my brother took my photos.

How To -  Easy Weekend Outfit: 

1.  Choose a blouse that is longer on the back end and shorter on the front end, but still long enough around that it covers a significant portion of the leggings' waistband.  Leggings are still leggings, a spandexed butt is not cute.

2.  I prefer a long sleeved blouse because you have the option of rolling / pushing up the sleeves for that cool girl vibe.  I love doing this with a light fabric; it is less structured but not sloppy.

3. I prefer leggings that bunch at the bottom, near the ankles, rather than cropped leggings (like mid-calf leggings).  Mid-calf leggings can definitely look sportier, like if you're going to go jogging.  Other cropped variations may work, depending on where they fall on the leg. 

4. A little black flat: is always chic, but really any flat will work.

5.  Minimalism: I accessorized minimally with a stack of tri colored bangles and cat eye sunglasses




Blouse: LOFT (soldout, similar under the link, and the most perfect, but pricey one here
Leggings: Newport News / Flats: Tahari / Hat: Forever21 (Similar) (Similar) / Sunglasses Forever21 (Similar)

Shop Black Leather Flats: 



Shop My Outfit: 

9 comments:

  1. This is the perfect weekender outfit! Great look and tips! xx Pip

    Easy Outfits by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect weekend warrior uniform. I am loving the blouse! You look gorgeous lady.

    xox Lara www.weheartbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That hat looks so good on you. Perfect weekend outfit!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ "a spandexed butt is not cute". My sentiments totally!!! I really like this look. I'm a new reader and really enjoy your blog. I use to live in Miami and reading your blog makes me very nostalgic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect lazy day look. and nothing like a great hat to make everything look put together!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree....leggings are the perfect lazy uniform but only when the butt is not so exposed....you look great BTW!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cute - love love love that hat!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look lovely and it's a perfect casual look :)

    p.s. thank you for the lovely comments on my blog. You have a great blog here, keep it up!
    Naz x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a big fan of leggings. I am loving your blog, first time here.
    What about following eachother? Let me know and I will follow back. :)
    Hugs from Toronto
    www.petitjoujou.ca
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...