Tuesday, March 19, 2013

OOTD: How to Style Camo Pants

Updated links for 2014:
I was a little hesitant about buying a pair of Gap skimmers in camo print (now sold out).  Said hesitation mostly stemmed from childhood memories of  "chongas" (Miami reference) who, to me, were intimidating girls who wore oversized camouflage pants (paired with tight spandex bra-tops), who snarled and growled their way through middle school. Yikes!

Luckily, in adult hood, those girls are nowhere to be found and camo print got a makeover!

You can find these pants everywhere:

Loft even came out with a cool camo print skirt.




  Below are my tips on how to style camo or army print pants!



Here's my how-to for Camo wear: (under the link)




1. Building block:  As with all outfits, build your outfit around one key piece.  For this post we are going to start building around the camo skinny jeans.

My eyelet top is old Juicy, but DV top is similar. or try this one also from DV.
  Here for a more affordable version.



2. Color Pairings and Be Girly:  The camo print is innately masculine, so frill it up.  Wearing a delicate lace top, or an eyelet top like the one I'm wearing in these pictures, creates an interesting match.  Peplum works well too.  I like girly tops with puff sleeves, as well.  Color choices like bright pink and white or cream pair well with the camouflage print.  Heather gray works too, surprisingly enough.  A lot of bloggers like to pair this print with red, but I really dislike how camo pairs with red, I just don't like the contrast.



3. Sparkle!: Accessorize with sparkles, sequins  glitter, bows!  This point follows the same logic as number 2.  I like how gold and navy accessories look with this print.


Earrings are from Gilt



4.  Heels Heels Heels:  I think that camo skinny pants work best with heels of all sorts: skinny stilleto sandals or pointy pumps.  Silver is a great color choice for this print.  I also like how this look works with nude shoes, like I'm wearing in these pictures.  A really feminine heel can keep things fashion forward and  on trend without making it seem like you're literally about to go off into combat.




What I Wore: 
Jeans: 1969 Always Skinny Skimmer Jeans  (soldout, so these are my second favorite from Gap) These run true to size.  They're  lightweight, and not heavy. White/Ecru pair here.
Similar camo styles  here and here.
Earrings (Gilt).  Similar styles on Bauble Bar site.
Top: Juicy Couture (old) eyelet blouse.  Similar here here
Shoes: Saks.  Similar here & here.
Blazer: French Connection.  Similar here here & here)
Cuff: Juicy Couture Perfectly Gifted Pave Pyramid leather cuff bracelet and Gorjana Sadie wrap bracelet.
Hair Bow: My cousin Victoria :)


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...