Wednesday, October 21, 2015

How to Style a White Shift Dress

office dresses by Brass

I love a good shift dress - I gravitate towards the 60's gamine style; that wide-eyed, Edie Sedgwick look that's so iconic.

The "A-Line" dress by Brass Clothing is a great shift dress. Whenever I see a white dress, I'm always wary of using it for work or daytime, because of the obvious issue: transparency.  I'm happy to report that this dress passes the see-through test with flying colors. It's a great material, too; thick, with a mini-quilt pattern throughout.
styling a white shift dress
Shop Shifts:

Brass Clothing was on my radar as early as last summer when they debuted their line. Their simple collection of basic dresses for day makes getting dressed in the morning a no-brainer.  The line is worth checking out if you're looking to update your work wardrobe.  They also offer a service that I've never come across before - the company will pay for your alterations if your purchase doesn't fit off the rack.  You e-mail them the name and number of your tailor, and they take care of the rest. Isn't that amazing?  For reference, the model on the website is 5'10".

For this post, I styled their A-Line dress, regularly $245, but on major sale now for $72.  For my office, this particular style would be too short (I am 5"7, by the way), but on someone else, it could work.

Because the white is so classic, I thought it would be fun to pair with these hunter green suede heels from Banana Republic.  My jewelry is equally classic and minimal.
David Yurman Cable Bangles
David Yurman X Crossover bracelet here.

David Yurman Petit Cerise






What I'm Wearing:
Dress c/o Brass Clothing (similar)
Cropped Jacket: Gap (last season) (this season) (faux leather)
Suede Pumps:  Banana Republic green suede pumps (if you really want to make a statement, try pairing the dress with over the knee suede boots, these are less than $70).
Accessories: David Yurman Petit Cerise Necklace in Prasiolate (in blue topaz here); Cartier Tank Francaise, David Yurman Bangles (similar here & here)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love your Cartier Tank watch too. I don't wear a watch but I have been thinking I should maybe invest in one.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit reminds me so much of Lana Del Rey, for some reason! I LOVE IT!

    http://scienceofadornment.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is darling and the sleeves are so pretty! You look gorgeous! I love how you styled it. I agree, depending on your height you could wear this to work. For tall girls like us, not so much! :)

    Keep smiling!
    Molly
    www.stylemissmolly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi nice reeading your post

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...