|New Bobbi Brown Nourishing Lip Color|
Let's talk about makeup! Again. Yes!
Bobbi Brown has launched her new Nourishing Lip Color in 28 new shades. I have 4 of them swatched down below for you. Technically, these launch in March, but I've seen them at my local Nordstrom in Miami (The Village of Merrick Park). These feel really hydrating on the lips, which makes sense because that's the point of this specific new formulation. I have test driven them and while they do not last as long as matte lipsticks, that is to be expected, and they're a lot more comfortable to wear. They are similar to Bobbi Brown's Luxe Lip Color's (which I swatched back in October), but they contain less product and are also less expensive. These retail for $28. They are also somewhat similar to the old version of the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors.
- Among their conditioning ingredients, these contain 5 natural oils which are emollient and hydrate the lips (olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba, cocoa seed butter, vitamins E and C, to name a few).
- The ingredients are good for your lips, and the theory is that applying these lipsticks will actually benefit your lips in the long run, by helping to hydrate, condition and plump them.
- Sweet Apricot (sherbert tones), Poppy (true red), Rosebud (traditional mauve) and Ballerina Pink (an every day, pinky nude) are swatched down below.
- They dry to a sheen; less than a gloss but no where near a matte or semi-matte finish.
The new Art Sticks are chubby lip pencils that dry to a semi-matte, cream finish. These are quite long wearing and go on very smoothly. The application surprised me because I expect wooden pencils of any variety to be a bit less creamy - not so with these. The shade Rich Nude is a super of-the-moment, 90's nude. It's a dupe for Mac's Whirl lipstick and Kylie Jenner's Dolce K from her Lip Kit by Kylie. I love it.
- Long wearing and creamy, applies like a dream.
- The end of the pencil has a color swatch that's not accurate - just an FYI.
- Not self-sharpening.
|Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Punch|
|Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Rich Nude |
I hope that you enjoyed this post on Bobbi Brown Nourishing Lip Color and on the Bobbi Brown Art Sticks
If you enjoy beauty and makeup, you may also enjoy my Google + Community below :)